Monday, August 26, 2019

Car activities for kids

Sticker Scenes

This Reusable decal pad from Melissa and Dog is totally awesome as is. However, I wished to locate a way to make it operate in the car. The scenes are too big for laps, and definitely for our little trays. So I decided to cut each scene in half and cut the decals into segments. Then each kid can have a part of a scene and a set of stickers to perform with. The scenes will not be as striking as they'd be using the complete sheets, but you can' t be choosy when you've got seven people jammed to a seven-passenger van.

Magnetic Matching Activities

Made these simple matching activities for my own Two. He loves this type of item, and it will give him something to do when he's starting to get antsy. As there are magnets on the back of each piece to keep him from spilling them I'm hoping this will be simple and fun. This does take some time to build, but I think it's going to be worth it. See the tutorial and get the free printables in this informative article.

Novels on CD

Our Number one activity on long car rides is studying. Thankfully, my Seven and Five can read by themselves. But my Four specifically does not have patience for long trips, and he is not ready to read independently. I'll read periodically, but it's not something I wish to perform for ten hours! That's where books on CD come in. I borrow from the library, store them in my CD holder, and book multiple copies of every book so all the big kids can follow along. I Also referred to my Best Picture Books for Kids Pinterest plank and found that a huge stack of new-to-us books to take along. (The hard part was keeping my kids from studying them before the big trip!

Starting Seems Coloring Pages

Don't do a great deal of worksheets with my grandparents, but a vehicle trip is the best time to pull a few out. I created this set of 26 coloring pages. They simply should colour the images on each and every letter that start with that letter. You may get the free printable in this informative article.

Road Trip Printables

Searched high and low for free street trip printables. These were the best I could find because not only are they out of talented bloggers, they're also easy to download and print. The Beautiful road trip drawing drives (empty road and truck) are from Picklebums. The Lovelyhand-drawn BINGO games are from Housing a Forest. The Simple and vibrant Road Trip BINGO is from This Reading Mama. For Children who can see, Interstate BINGO is another fun printable from This Reading Mama. My Seven and Five will enjoy this one. The Car Scavenger Hunt is out of a giant set of road trip printables from 123Homeschool4Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment